Saturday, December 19, 2009

Last night I did the one thing I said I would never do...

I rear ended someone :(

I was rear ended about 3 years ago and have suffered back issues since, so I hoped and prayed that I would never do that to someone else. Last night on my way home from work, traffic was slow but my lane was moving. The guy in front of me stopped suddenly but when I hit my brakes, my car kept going. I can still see my hood crumple but then I don't remember the next few seconds -- the airbag deployed and knocked me out for a second. The only GOOD thing: my little mazda 3 hit a big nissan frontier pickup truck and he didn't have a scratch on him. My car however: totalled.

The guy was so sweet and understanding. He kept asking if I was okay and we kind of had to joke about the whole thing because I think he knew I wanted to cry. My poor baby only lived about 2 1/2 years..and I think hubs is a little scared I have to drive his car (nissan 350z he's suped up like crazy) haha. But I drive his car like a grandma because its so loud so nothing to worry about :)

I'm definitely sore but mostly sad about the whole thing. I kinda freaked out my dad when I called him but he's glad I'm okay. I'm sure its not easy to get a phone call from your daughter on a Friday night saying she's been in an accident and you're 600 miles away and cant do anything.

Anyways, I'm going to take it easy the rest of today but tomorrow I've got to do some major last minute christmas shopping. And it just so happens that the thing I want from hubs (nice thick sweater or jacket since I always freeze), is at one of the busiest stores ever..even when its not a holiday. So we'll see how that goes..

No comments:

Post a Comment